Monday, May 17, 2010

Larger than LIfe Fruit

Art, whimsey and a food theme are a delightful combination. When I saw larger than life fruits and vegetables from the Cohn-Stone Studios displayed in an actual garden, I was certain one of their pieces belonged in my kitchen window.

Cohn-Stone are known nationwide for their hand blown glass pumpkins which are gorgeous and come in all sizes. What really caught my eye was their new pieces which include very large glass apples, pears, squash, peaches, tomatoes, pomegranates and flowers. How could I pick just one? It was Mother's Day, it was raining and they were having a Mothers Day Garden Tea and Spring Sale, so off we go.

I was leaning toward selecting 3 large pears until I saw what they had on sale. The choice ended up being between an apple or peach. So I picked an apple that I could turn in a way that the color and shape could look like a peach. I sent a picture to my daughter and she responded by asking "What is it? A peach or an apple?" Good, it worked...I had a two for one.

"How big is my luscious apple-peach?" 9 1/2 inches tall with a circumference of 24 inches. I'm delighted ~ it absolutely glows with the light from the window. And there is plenty of room for that garden to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment